- Este evento ha pasado.
The Exchange 2020
septiembre 23 - septiembre 24
This year has laid bare the truth and consequences of leadership in all forms, interpreted in many different ways. What do we mean when we talk about leadership? And what sort of leadership do we need right now? In this year of existential issues—a growing imperative to achieve racial equity, coping with a global pandemic, addressing an emerging recession, and perhaps the most consequential U.S. presidential election of our lifetimes—we need leaders who can bring us together to achieve true systems change.
The Exchange 2020 offers funders of all stripes and leaders from the nonprofit, corporate, and public sectors two full days of thought-provoking and inspiring conversations and tangible solutions that consider unifying leadership as a key that will help us unlock doorways to addressing a series of critical challenges:
- Racial inequity
- Philanthropy’s moment of truth – how can the field act now to transform society?
- The future of capitalism
- Health and climate change – a global threat
- Recovery, resilience, and transformation in the wake of COVID-19
- Equitable financing of education, economic development and health
- Angela Glover Blackwell, founder in residence, PolicyLink
- Melvin Carter III, mayor, Saint Paul, Minneapolis
- Mandell Crawley, head of wealth management, Morgan Stanley
- David Erickson, senior vice president, head of outreach and education, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Beth Ford, president and CEO, Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Glenn Harris, president, Race Forward, and publisher, Color Lines
- Erika Karp, founder and CEO, Cornerstone Capital Group
- Gara LaMarche, president, Democracy Alliance
- Ndaba Mandela, founder and chairman, Mandela Institute for Humanity
- Michael McAfee, president and CEO, PolicyLink
- Judy Monroe, M.D. president and CEO, CDC Foundation
- Tyler Norris, chief executive, Well Being Trust
- William Peduto, mayor, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Robert K. Ross, M.D., president and CEO, The California Endowment
- Libby Schaaf, mayor, Oakland, California
- Kerry Sullivan, president, Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- Mark Suzman, CEO, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Michael D. Tubbs, mayor, Stockton, California
- Edgar Villanueva, founder, Decolonizing Wealth Project
- Darren Walker, president, Ford Foundation
- This is a virtual conference. Register at https://cvent.me/YgXrbD or email TheExchange@growthphilanthropy.org
- Attendee early-bird ticket prices are $99.00 (for nonprofits) and $199.00 (for funders and all other attendees) and available through September 21; after which the cost of tickets increases to $295.00 (nonprofits) and $495.00 (funders and others).
- Visit socialimpactexchange.org for further information and the full list of sessions and speakers here
- Follow the conference: @SIExchange on Twitter with #TheExchange2020
About Social Impact Exchange:
The Social Impact Exchange (SIE) is a national, cross-sector membership association dedicated to generating systemic change and large-scale social impact by creating and spreading multi-sector collaborative action. SIE has two main functions: 1. To establish cross-sector collaborative networks that fund and advance complementary portfolios of solutions that transform systems; and 2. To build the field of systems change and cross-sector collaborative action through action platforms convenings and knowledge sharing activities, including its annual national conference. For more information, go to https://socialimpactexchange.org/about/